February 28 – March 19, 2019
Delhi – Maheshwar – Varanasi – Omkareshwar – Amarkantak
The Ganges & Narmada Rivers
India has a great culture of wandering sadhus who have cut themselves away from the mainstream society, organized religion, and material dependence. You will not find them in Rishikesh or Varanasi or any of the cities so full of corruption and noise; they will be in the peace of the forest. They will be in the cities too, but you will not easily find them.
Pilgrimage with Mike Holliday takes us thru key locations along the Narmada river valley as we meet with Sadhus, stay in Ashrams, walk with the pilgrims, while practicing yoga, leaning traditional Vedic Sciences and delving deep into the philosophy. This may also feel like an adventure pilgrimage as we get close to the locals and experience the beauty of rural India.
- 19 nights in ashrams & guest houses around central India
- Transportation within India
- Extra guides when appropriate
- Yoga instruction
- Astrological consultations
- Cycling thru villages to visit the Mugal ruins around Mandu
- Resting and practicing yoga at the peaceful Gayatri Ashram in Omkareshwar
- Walking the forests around Amarkantak
- The stories and myths of the local gods and goddess
- The vibrant intensity of Varanasi
Note: This trip is partly designed as an Introduction to off the beaten path travel in India. we will travel and live simply as we look behind the myths and the masks that we mistake for reality. We will be walking extensively, living simply (meaning beds and toilets may meet western expectations) and facing cultural expectations much different than our own.
This package does not include:
- flight to and from India
- Additional travel within India
- Spending money
- Personal meals and transport
- India Visa
For more information contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org