Mike left home and career in 2007 to follow spiritual path. It began as a search for a simpler life though BUddhism but each year he went further down the rabbit hole. His love of philosophy took hold when he started studying Tantra and Indian Philosophy in Varanasi. He soon found a Brahmin teacher to learn the culture and eventually dove into Vedic Astrology. Varanasi has legendary teachers and translators of Tantric Scripture Varanasi. His interest in Tantra has made him a kind of bridge for students between the crash modern tantra and the classical scriptural traditions.
In the beginning it was all about self healing. He had no interest in teaching, but the students started coming and Mike became a trusted voice for Yoga tantra, mantra, mysticism, astrology. He spent several years studying alternative healing methods and learning different techniques: Acupuncture, TCM, Ayurveda, Hatha Yoga, Yoga Therapy. All this brought him closer to understanding the world as magic. He grew up in the forests of Canada so he has always been close with the forest traditions and the forest tribes. He has visited many of the most remote tribal areas of India as a way of touching base with the roots of humanity.
Mike is a solo travelling. In 2021 he walked 2000 km of pilgrimage across India with nothing but his sleeping bag and travel alter. He has spent considerable time in Jungle ashrams offering acupuncture and astrology readings to the local populations. His path is very close to the Natha tradition, his Shaiva philosophy is very close their Vaishnava non-dualism. Like the Natha’s he was a tradesman and builder before taking spiritual path.
He is currently writing a Vedic Astrology book on the Nakshatra Moon Signs. And expects to have a short booklet on Acupuncture and Holistic Healing come out soon.
He is a modern Babaji offering Vedic Astrology readings to shine a light on life, coaching to help people achieve spiritual and material goals, counselling to help people deal with their past and guide people in times of death, crisis and transformation. He still teaches yoga, meditation, mantra and breath work prepare people for the expansion of consciousness that an honest reflection on the reality proposed to us by Vedic Astrology and Kashmiri Shaiva Philosophy.
Chronological Archive of Articles
- Foundations of Vedic Astrology CourseFoundations of Vedic Astrology 10 week course designed to give students the basic skills for reading charts. By the end of the program student will have a solid foundation to be able to read … Read more
- Saturn in MaghaSaturn in Magha The first pada is Saturn’s debilitated navamsha. They are likely to work in government service, working with the mass in a one size fits all sort of way. Of course this … Read more
- Moon in Uttara Ashadha Pada 1 SagittariusMoon in Uttara Ashada The Basics of Uttara Ashadha (26º 40’ Sagittarius – 10º 00’ Capricorn.) Sigma Sagittarii (Ascella), Tau Sagittarii, Phi Sagittarii, Zeta Sagittarii (Nunki) Ruled by the Sun. The Universal star. Power … Read more
- 20. Purva Ashadha Nakshatra20. Purva Ashadha 13º 20’ Sagittarius – 26º 40’ Sagittarius: Sagittarii: Epsilon (Kaus Australis), Delta (Kaus Media), (Kaus Borealis) Ruled by Venus. The Invincible star. Power to invigorate. Meaning: Former invincible one, previously undefeated, … Read more
- The Basics of Vedic AstrologyThree points to study your chart: 1. Planets in the signs. 2. Planets in the houses. 3. Ruler of a house in another house. If you’re looking at the north indian chart. The houses … Read more
- 19. Mula NakshatraMula Nakshatra “Om mani padre hum” – “Hail to the jewel in the centre of the lotus.” (00º 00’ Sagittarius – 13º 20’ Sagittarius.) Upsilon–Scorpii (Lesath = Al Las’ah = the Stinger), 9. Lambda-Scorpii (Shaula) Ruled by … Read more
- 18. Jyeshta Nakshatra“[They] are as a rule the legendary heroes of mankind, the very ones who are looked up to, loved, and worshipped, the true sons of God whose names perish not. … Their greatness has … Read more
- 17. Anuradha Nakshatra“Man is a mystery. It needs to be unravelled, and if you spend your whole life unravelling it, don’t say that you’ve wasted time. I am studying that mystery because I want to be … Read more
- 16. Vishakha NakshatraNakshatra research project goes deep into Vishakha and the 27 Nakshatraa’s
- 15. Swati Nakshatra“The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.” Confucius “A man is born gentle and weak; at his death he is hard and … Read more
- 14. Chitra NakshatraRuled by Mars. (23º 20’ Virgo – 6 º40’ Libra.) Spica (Alpha-Virginis). Star of Opportunity. Power to accumulate merit. Meaning: Pleasing to look at, Beautiful, Variegated, Illusory, Magical Main deity: Tvasar – Vishwakarma – … Read more
- 13. Hasta“If you full-fill your obligations every day, you don’t have to worry about the future.” — Jordan Peterson Hasta Nakshatra Ruled by the Moon. (10º 00’ Virgo – 23º 20’ Virgo.) Corvi (the Crow): … Read more
- 12. Uttara PhalguniRuled by Sun. (26º 40’ Leo – 10º 00’ Virgo.) Beta (Denebola) & 93-Leonis. Star of Patronage. Power to give prosperity. Main Deity: Aryaman Greek Deity: The official system was patronage was designed as … Read more
- 11. Purva Phalguni NakshatraRuled by Venus. (13º 20’ Leo – 26º40’ Leo.) Leonis: Delta (Zosma) & Theta (Chetan) Leonis. Star of rest and relaxation Power of creative procreation; to combine polar opposites. Meaning: The Former Reddish One, … Read more
- 10. Magha Nakshatra(00º00’ Leo – 13º 20’ Leo.) Leonis: Alpha (Regulus, the little king), Eta (Al Jabhah), Zeta (Adhafera), Mu (Rasalias), Epsilon, Lambda (Alterf), & Kappa. Heart of the Lion. Ruled by Ketu. Star of Regality … Read more
- 8. Pushya NakshatraRuled by Saturn. (3° 20’ – 16° 40’ Cancer.) The Donkeys in the Manger: Theta, Gamma & Eta Cancri. Star cluster Beehive M-44. Star of nourishment. Ability to create spiritual energy. Main deity: Brihaspati … Read more
- 9. Ashlesha Nakshatra9. Ashlesha (16° 40’ – 30° 00’ Cancer) Epsilon, Delta, Mu, Rho, Sigma & Zeta-Hydrae. Ruled by Mercury The Clinging star. Power to Inflict & Remove Poison. Meaning: Embrace, Entwine, Coiling, Clinging Main Deity: … Read more
- 7. Punarvasu Nakshatra“The Bow and Zen are One.” Ruled by Jupiter. (20° 00’ Gemini – 3° 20’ Cancer.) Castor & Pollux (Alpha & Beta Gerinorium). The star of Renewal. The power to Achieve the Objective. Main … Read more
- 6. Ardra NakshatraArdra Nakshatra (6° 40’ – 20° 00’ Gemini.) Betelguese (Alpha Orionis). Ruled by Rahu. Star of Sorrow. Power to make Gains Through Effort. Meaning: :Green, Fresh, “the Moist One,” Main deity: Rudra, The Howler, … Read more
- Foundational Concepts & Philosophy for Vedic AstrologersIntroduction to Parashara astrology Vedic astrology is called the supreme limb of the vedas, what are the 6 limbs of the vedas? Kalpa: (Hands) Ritual Jyotisha: (Eyes) Astrology/astronomy Nirukta: (Ears) Etymology – the roots … Read more
- 5. Mrigashirsa NakshatraMrigashirsa Nakshatra (23° 20’ Taurus – 6° 40’ Gemini.) Pi2, 3, 4 Orionis & Bellatrix. Ruled by Mars. The “Searching Star.” The power to give fulfilment. Meaning: “Benevolent” Primary Symbols: Head of a deer, … Read more
- 4. Rohini NakshatraStar of ascent with the power to grow. Well known as the favourite wife of Chandra she is known as the Reddish One and her main symbols are an ox cart pulled by two oxen, or a fish, but the banyan tree, temples, and a pre-pubescent girl all represent different sides of this nakshatra.
- 3. Krittika NakshatraThe star of fire offers the power to burn away or cut away what doesn’t belong. The symbols are an ax, a razor and a flame. Kartikeya, the commander in chief of the army of the gods, the great champion, is the presiding deity.
- 2. Bharani NakshatraStar of restraint. Power to clean and remove impurity. Ruled by the god of death, Yama & and his sister Yami, “goddess of life. ( Hades and Persephone from the western perspective). It’s about the bondage of time and karma and has a lot to do with his we make choices.
- 1. Ashwini NakshatraAshwini Nakshatra 0° 00’ – 13° 20’ Aries Mesarthim, Sheratan, Hemal. Ruled by Ketu The Star of Transport. The Power to Initiate. “Born of a female horse” “Horse Woman“ The Ashwini Kumars – Physicians … Read more